The perfect Wikipedia expertise in your Cellular gadget. Advert-free and freed from cost, eternally. With the official Wikipedia app, you may search and discover 40+ million articles in 300+ languages, regardless of the place you might be.
== Why you may love the this app ==
1. It is free and open
Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anybody can edit. Articles on Wikipedia are freely licensed and the app code is 100% open supply. The center and soul of Wikipedia is a neighborhood of individuals working to carry you limitless entry to free, dependable and impartial data.
2. No adverts
Wikipedia is a spot to be taught, not a spot for promoting. This app is made by the Wikimedia Basis, a nonprofit group that helps and operates Wikipedia. We offer this service within the pursuit of open data that’s at all times ad-free and by no means tracks your knowledge.
3. Learn in your language
Search 40 million articles in over 300 languages on the earth’s largest supply of knowledge. Set your most well-liked languages within the app and simply change between them when shopping or studying.
4. Use it offline
Save your favourite articles and skim Wikipedia offline with “My lists“. Title lists as you want and acquire articles throughout totally different languages. Saved articles and studying lists are synced throughout all of your units and can be found even while you shouldn’t have web connectivity.
5. Consideration to element and night time mode
The app embraces Wikipedia’s simplicity and provides delight to it. An exquisite and distraction-free interface enables you to give attention to the important: studying articles. With textual content measurement adjustment and themes in pure black, darkish, sepia or gentle, you may select essentially the most nice studying expertise for you.
== Broaden your horizon with these options ==
1. Customise your Discover feed
“Discover” enables you to see advisable Wikipedia content material together with present occasions, well-liked articles, fascinating freely-licensed photographs, occasions on today in historical past, steered articles based mostly in your studying historical past, and extra.
2. Discover and search
Rapidly discover what you are on the lookout for by looking inside articles or with the search bar on the high of the app. You’ll be able to even search utilizing your favourite emojis or voice-enabled search.
== We might love your suggestions ==
1. To ship suggestions from the app:
Within the menu, press “Settings”, then “In regards to the Wikipedia app”, then “Ship app suggestions”.
2. If in case you have expertise with Java and the Android SDK, then we look ahead to your contributions! Extra data: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Staff/Android/App_hacking
3. Through the use of this app, you conform to the automated transmission of crash reviews to a third-party service supplier. If you need to disable this function, press “Settings,” then flip off “Ship crash reviews” beneath the Privateness part.
4. Clarification of permissions wanted by the app: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
5. Privateness coverage: https://m.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_policy
6. Crash report third-party service supplier’s privateness coverage:
7. Phrases of Use: https://m.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use
8. In regards to the Wikimedia Basis:
The Wikimedia Basis is a charitable nonprofit group that helps and operates Wikipedia and the opposite Wiki initiatives. It’s funded primarily by donations. For extra data, please go to our web site: https://wikimediafoundation.org/